Reds (66-71, 4th in NL Central) - Orioles (79-57, 1st in AL East)
Tuesday September 2nd – 7:05 PM ET first pitch – TV: MASN, Radio: 1090 WBAL
- Pitching Matchup: Mat Latos (5-3, 3.15 ERA) goes for the Reds against Bud Norris (11-8, 4.00 ERA).
- Oriole Pitching Report: Bud Norris has been struggling of late. In the right hander’s last five starts, Norris has a 5.33 ERA in 25.1 innings. He has also given up 26 hits and 6 walks in that time.
- Players to look vs. Latos: Not many of the Orioles hitters have seen Latos in their careers. Nelson Cruz has faced the Reds’ starter four times and is 2-4 with a double. Kelly Johnson has the most career plate appearances off the right hander, but is 0-8 with a walk and five strikeouts in those chances.
- Promotions: It’s Ollie’s Bargain Night at Oriole Park. Every Tuesday home game, tickets are just $9 for upper reserved seats.
Wednesday September 3rd – 7:05 PM ET first pitch – TV: MASN2, Radio: 1090 WBAL
- Pitching Matchup: Dylan Axelrod (1-0, 1.64 ERA) will make his third start for the Reds this year against right hander Miguel Gonzalez (7-7, 3.61 ERA).
- Oriole Pitching Report: Miguel Gonzalez has been a key component in the Orioles rotation this year. The right hander has made the fourth most starts on the team even after being optioned in late July. Over the last month, the 30 year old has been dominant in his three starts, posting a 1.86 ERA and a 0.879 WHIP in 19.1 innings.
- Players to look vs. Axelrod: New Oriole infielder Kelly Johnson has torched Axelrod in his career. Johnson is 3-8 lifetime with two home runs against the right hander. David Lough and Chris Davis have both record doubles in two at bats off Axelrod.
- No promotion for this game.
Thursday September 4th – 7:05 PM ET first pitch – TV: MASN, MLBN, Radio: 1090 WBAL
- Pitching Matchup: Right hander Mike Leake (10-11, 3.38 ERA) toes the rubber against Chris Tillman (11-5, 3.36 ERA) for the Orioles.
- Oriole Pitching Report: A 2013 All Star, Chris Tillman has continued to make strides and cementing himself as the O’s ace. The right hander has compiled a 3.36 ERA while leading the Orioles in starts (29), innings (176.2), and strikeouts (122). Over his last five starts, Tillman has been magnificent, firing 33.2 innings and only giving up 6 earned runs for an ERA of 1.60 in that time.
- Players to look vs. Leake: Again, Kelly Johnson leads the Orioles in plate appearances against a Reds pitcher. The infielder has 12 career PA’s against Leake, going 4-11 with a home run and a walk. Nelson Cruz has a double in two career at bats, while Steve Clevenger and Jimmy Paredaes are both 2-5 lifetime against the right hander.
- Promotions: Alumni autograph signing inside Gate A. Make sure you get down to the ballpark an hour and a half prior to game time to get an autograph from a former Oriole.