Supercross: Webb, Dungey Victorious in Santa Clara
Eli Tomac over the finish line last weekend at Houston. Photo: Geiger Media Global

Monster Energy Supercross entered Levi's Stadium for the first time in the series' history on Saturday, a week after both the 250 West and 450 Supercross titles were wrapped up in Houston. 

The gate dropped for the first main event of the night for the 250 West riders - their final main of the year - and chaos immediately took place.

Only about seven riders made it through the first corner of the race cleanly, with the top riders of the class finding themselves on the ground. Cooper Webb, Malcolm Stewart, Zach Osborne and Matt Bisceglia are among the big-name riders that went down in the opening corner of the 15 lap race.

Coming out of the first corner and completing the first lap were Hansen, Plessinger, and Martin; this was the top three until Aaron Plessinger crashed out of the lead. After being on the ground in that first corner crash, Malcolm Stewart and the newly-crowned champion Cooper Webb as well as Justin Hill had all made their way up into the top five. With just three laps to go in the final 250 West points race of the year, the running order of the top five were Cooper Webb in the lead, followed by Justin Hill, Alex Martin, Malcolm Stewart, and Shane McElrath.

The white flag waved for the final lap of the year for the West regional riders, and Cooper Webb went on to win his sixth race of the year. 

Immediately following the 250 main, 22 riders in the 450 Supercross premier class lined up at the gates for their 15th main event of the year. The holeshot went to Justin Barcia who is just returning to Supercross racing after a hip injury; in just his seventh race of the year, Barcia found himself in the lead in the early going.

In second was 22 Motorsports' Chad Reed followed closely by the newly-crowned 450 Supercross champion Ryan Dungey. It was a great start for both Barcia and Reed - but it didn't last long for either of them.

On just the second lap of the race, Reed made a mistake and found himself on the ground in the middle of a rhythm section; this was just part of the tough night for TwoTwo Motorsports, as Josh Grant didn't even start the race due to transmission problems.

Following this mistake by Reed, Dungey began to pressure Barcia and was able to get by on the following lap.

With a quarter of the race gone, the top five was Ryan Dungey, Weston Peick, Justin Barcia, Eli Tomac, and Justin Brayton. Tomac and Barcia began to battle for the final spot on the podium and Tomac was able to get by Barcia and make it stick on lap seven.

At this point, Blake Baggett, the lone rider of Yoshimura Suzuki this year due to James Stewart being suspended, was in fifth position. Baggett started the race in 12th.

Just before the race reached the halfway point, at lap nine, Seely got around Brayton for seventh position. He started the race way back in 16th. 

At the halfway point of the 450 main, Dungey continued to lead from Tomac, Peick, Barcia, and Baggett in the top five. Tomac began to turn up the intensity of his riding and turned laps 0.3 seconds quicker than those of Dungey at the front - but it wasn't enough. 

Ryan Dungey took the checkered flag, winning his seventh race of the year and advancing to just seven races behind Supercross legend Bob "The Hurricane" Hannah on the all-time win list. 

Both the 250 West and 450 Supercross classes were wrapped up last weekend in Houston, and both of the new champions were able to add another win to their name tonight in Santa Clara. 

The Monster Energy Supercross Series heads to East Rutherford, New Jersey for a history-making round; it will be the first time that the sport is televised on a main Fox-family station, and the racing will begin next Saturday at a very different time because of it. Round 16 from Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford will begin at 3 pm ET next Saturday afternoon.