The final matchday of the 2020-2021 Conmebol Libertadores group stage finished last Friday. From the eight groups, sixteen teams have emerged to the playoff rounds. Besides that, eight clubs now have the chance to play for Copa Sudamericana, while the other eight were just eliminated.
Flamengo in the round of 16
The team from Rio de Janeiro is the current champion of the continental competition. Nowadays is being trained for Domènec Torrent, a Spanish coach. Flamengo ended the group stage at the first position in Group A.
São Paulo didn’t classify
The Tricolor Paulista has conquered three times the Libertadores and the Club World Cup, but in this edition, the club didn’t play so well. São Paulo ranked third in Group D, not advancing in the tournament. The team had not been eliminated in the group stage of the Libertadores since 1987.
Check the round of 16 matches
- Guaraní (PAR) x Palmeiras (BRA)
- LDU (EQU) x Santos (BRA)
- Racing (ARG) x Flamengo (BRA)
- Internacional (BRA) x Boca Juniors (ARG)
- Independiente del Valle (EQU) x Nacional (URU)
- Athletico-PR (BRA) x River Plate (ARG)
- Libertad (PAR) x Jorge Wilstermann (BOL)
- Delfín (EQU) x Palmeiras (BRA)