Murray Too Strong For The Young Australian

Andy Murray moved into the 4th round at Roland Garros with a straight sets win over Nick Kyrgios. Murray won the toss and decided to receive and early on had breakpoints on the serve of the young Australian. Kyrgios held on to his serve though and forced his opponent to do the same in the next game. The Brit earned three break points in the very next game and converted on the first courtesy of a double fault. However, as has been a problem for Murray, the very next game Kyrgios broke back so Murray was unable to consolidate the break. The games were starting to get longer as they were reaching deuce and Murray had to save a break point in his next service game to stay on serve. Kyrgios played an inspired tweener that lobbed his opponent, and although he got a racket to it, playing one of the no look shots, it went out. Murray appeared spurred on now and really into the game as after a very long game he broke again, as before there was danger in the next service game for Murray but he stood firm, saving two break points to consolidate the break. On the next service game, Murray got a higher first serve percentage and held to love to have the first set in the bag 6-4.

Into the second set and it was the Brit who was struggling to hold serve. The second game (Murray's first service game) consisted of a couple of deuces before he held. Kyrgios held to love in the very next game, and Murray held to 30. Murray had two break point chances on the next time the Aussie served and managed to take the second one. He then had to save three break points on his next service game, but he did get the hold. Seemingly inspired by this, Murray took advantage in the very next game and broke again to lead 5-2. Kyrgios had called for the trainer and at this change of ends had his arm and wrist examined and then treated. So there was a medical timeout to contend with before Murray would be serving for the second set. Fortunately, Murray has experience in this area as at the US Open in 2012. Novak Djokovic took a medical time out before Murray would be serving for the match. Kyrgios had his arm taped up and carried on, Murray was serving for the set and after being taken to deuce by Kyrgios, Murray served out the set for a two set to zero lead 6-2.

Set three got off to the best possible start for Kyrgios after saving three breakpoints as he broke Murray in the very next game. However, the British number one reclaimed the break on the Australian the next service game and held the next service game of his own to bring it back on serve. No break points were faced by either player until the seventh game of the set when Kyrgios saved the first break point, but was unable to save the second. Murray found his serve again and held to love to have the lead 5-3 and Kyrgios would have to serve to stay in the match. The last game turned out to be a very long one with both players trying to take their chances. The Australian had game point twice but was unable to convert. Murray made no mistakes on his second match point to take the match 6-4, 6-2, 6-3 into the 4th round where he will face Chardy. Murray remains unbeaten on clay in 2015, his record is now 13-0 on clay this year.