Pep Guardiola press conference LIVE: Manchester City team news ahead of clash with Liverpool
 (Photo by Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images)

15:018 months ago

That is it! Thank you for tuning in

Pep Guardiola has finished his press conference.
14:588 months ago

Lazy comment from Klopp

Guardiola: "I did not expect it, I am not irritated but I thought he was not that type of guy. Maybe I was wrong."
14:578 months ago

Importance of win at Anfield

Guardiola: "Of course it would be important [go ten points ahead]. It is so important to beat them but what I want to see is my team to go to Anfield to WIN the game. We have not had exceptional results there but we have played well under circumstances."
14:568 months ago

Pre-season

Guardiola: "We didn't forget but of course they have forgot about it. It was a challenge and nothing is easy in this world. There are many people suffering more than us, we are incredibly fortunate. When you have cases of COVID in the beginning and the Everton game, it is difficult. It has happened to many clubs around the world. You can't look back."
14:548 months ago

Gundogan praise

Guardiola: "He is so intelligent, so clever. Intelligence means solving problems and actions during the game and he sorts them properly. That is why he is a top class player."
14:538 months ago

One game at a time...

Guardiola: "I am going to confess something, one game at a time from 2007 or 2008. It is not a surprise, it is not news. It is just three more points."
14:528 months ago

Liverpool home record

Guardiola: "It is always a top team, tough squad. They know the process, skills, methodology and routines they do. They rest really well against Brighton, they recover and they will be ready."

"They are one of them [main title rivals]. From my experience in January, there is no team off the race."

14:498 months ago

Pep on Klopp's "two weeks off" comment

Guardiola on Everton game called off being used against them: "Jurgen has to see the calendar again, we had COVID, we had one week and we played with 14 players at Stamford Bridge. Tomorrow when I see Jurgen I will say to him 'how many days did we have off?'"

"I didn't expect that sort of comment from him."

14:488 months ago

Harder to play Liverpool this year with unpredictable lineup?

Guardiola: "Always hard to play Liverpool, top club, top backroom staff. Always difficult to play Liverpool."
14:478 months ago

Title race

Guardiola: "I don't make predictions about the future. I'm so good but not to anticipate the future. Maybe in the future I will get it but right now I am not good enough [to see the future]."
14:468 months ago

Best chance to beat Liverpool?

Guardiola: "The game is to win, three points. It is not how many years or centuries. It is another football game."
14:458 months ago

Pep on injuries

Guardiola: "Sergio, Kevin, Nathan not available. The rest are fit."
14:448 months ago

Pep Guardiola has arrived and is ready to take questions from the media

Quotes to follow...
14:388 months ago

The wait for Pep goes on

Hoping to hear from him soon.
14:308 months ago

Klopp has had his press conference and praised Gundogan and Dias

After managing Ilkay Gundogan at Dortmund, Klopp was keen to praise the City midfielder after his recent performances: "One of the best players I coached [Gundogan]. Especially in the 2012 season, playing like he is now. Had injuries, but all sorted and it is the longest uninterrupted period for him. I am not surprised at all [by his form]."

The Liverpool boss also had praise for Ruben Dias: "You talk about a centre-back, that's not nice! A good player, come on, City are a good team. Good business, compared with Virgil? You can compare. Outstanding footballer."

14:178 months ago

Looking to build on Burnley victory and make a statement win

City have the chance to go ten points clear of the current champions, Liverpool, with a game in hand.

Guardiola's side are currently enjoying a 13 game win streak in all competitions. The manager was asked after the Burnley victory if they can get even better. Guardiola said: "Can we improve? A lot."

14:138 months ago

Welcome

Good afternoon and welcome to VAVEL UK's live coverage of Pep Guardiola's press conference ahead of his side's fixture against Liverpool on Sunday.
VAVEL Logo