West Ham 3-3 Arsenal: Arsenal scraped a point against impressive West Ham United.
LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 21: Kieran Tierney of Arsenal and David Luiz of Arsenal look dejected after the Premier League match between West Ham United and Arsenal at London Stadium on March 21, 2021 in London, England. Sporting stadiums around the UK remain under strict restrictions due to the Coronavirus Pandemic as Government social distancing laws prohibit fans inside venues resulting in games being played behind closed doors. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

After going three nil down, Mikel Arteta's Arsenal performed a great Premier League comeback.

West Ham United continued their impressive league form in the first half, breaking Arsenal down twice in two minutes, goals from Jessie Lingard and Jarrod Bowen.

A Thomas Soucek flick to make it three was cancelled out minutes later after the midfielder conceded an own goal.

The Gunners were a different animal in the second half, securing a point thanks to an own goal from Craig Dawson and a pouncing Alexandre Lacazette header.

The Gunners have to thank Man of the Match Calum Chambers for his efforts, providing a clinical performance which helped his side secure a point.

Story of the game

After West Ham dominated the first 10 minutes, no significant chances were created to break the deadlock.

However, as Arsenal continued their lacklustre start, the Hammers scored twice in quick succession.

Michail Antonio supplied the in-form Lingard for the opener. The Manchester United loanee smashed his effort into the top right corner after 15 minutes.

When things couldn't get any worse for Arteta, a foul committed by Thomas Partey allowed Lingard to take a quick freekick, finding Bowen who beat Bernd Leno at his near post.

Within 17 minutes, Arsenal were 2-0 down. After their poor start, the Gunners continued another embarrassing display. 

A header from Antonio was deflected in by Soucek to put West Ham 3-0 up.

Arsenal seemed lost in the London derby, however Lacazette once again provided when needed most.

Chambers, replacing Hector Bellerin, whipped a pin-point cross to the feet of the Frenchman, who swivelled and hit it past Lukasz Fabianski after the 38 minute mark.

Bukayo Saka came close to scraping another goal back just before the break, but the Gunners went in behind by three goals to one.

A different Arsenal stepped onto the Stratford pitch in the second half. Chances from Lacazette were both saved and cleared off the line as Arteta's men desperately looked for a path back into the game.

Although Arsenal's early second half hopes didn't come to their aid, in the 61st minute Chambers provided again.

An outstanding ball from Martin Odegaard to the Englishman granted him the chance to smash his cross into the West Ham area, causing an own goal by Dawson.

After a dreadful first half display, Arteta's half time team talk worked a treat as the Gunners ran riot in the second 45.

And after a hard fought 80 minutes, Lacazette sprung to head home Nicolas Pepe's cross to make it 3-3 at the London Stadium.

Chance after chance, but it wasn't enough for Arsenal to claim the victory. The points were shared.

This game is a clear representation of Arsenal's season; inconsistent.