Fernando Llorente has completed his move to Swansea City from Sevilla, after passing a medical today.
It was revealed that the player had agreed personal terms with the club last night, and has become Swansea’s biggest signing of the summer.
The fee is undisclosed but it is thought that Swansea haven’t paid more than £5 million, with many believing that the Welsh side paid out the rest of the forward’s Sevilla contract.
Swansea finally sign a striker
Llorente is now the only recognised senior striker at the club, after Bafetimbi Gomis, Eder and Alberto Paloschi all left the club this summer.
It isn’t thought that Llorente is a direct replacement for Andre Ayew, who has been linked with a move to West Ham United.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins previously said that the club were looking to sign one or two strikers, so this shouldn’t be the end of Swansea’s summer spending.
Llorente signed a two-year contract at the Liberty Stadium, and it has been reported that there is an option for a third year.
The striker will wear the vacant number nine shirt, previously worn by the likes of Michu and Paloschi.
He will go straight in the squad for tomorrow’s friendly against Stade Rennais.
After Swansea were initially linked with the target man, their efforts were knocked back when his brother claimed that Llorente was ready to stay and fight for a place in the first team.
Sevilla had sold forward Kevin Gameiro to Atletico Madrid, and brought in Wissam Ben Yedder and Luciano Vietto. It’s assumed that Llorente was then told he could leave the club.
Sevilla’s sporting director, Monchi, then revealed on Wednesday that a deal was close between the two clubs, and he wished Llorente well ahead of his move.