1-0, Freis 71'. 1-1, Wooten 90+3'.
SpVgg Greuther Fürth 1-1 SV Sandhausen: Wooten leaves it late to spoil Shamrocks' birthday celebrations

SpVgg Greuther Fürth 1-1 SV Sandhausen: Wooten leaves it late to spoil Shamrocks' birthday celebrations

The 113th birthday was going to plan, until the very last minute.

Jonathan Walsh

Sebastian Freis' goal looked to have won the game for Greuther Fürth, but Andrew Wooten had other ideas and earned a share of the spoils for SV Sandhausen.

Team news

Stefan Ruthenbeck made just one change from his side's Frankenderby win, as the fit again Jurgen Gjasula forced Nicolai Rapp to settle for a plce on the bench.

As for Kenan Kocak and Sandhausen, there was also just one alteration from their midweek derby exploits; Korbinian Vollmann replaced Jakub Kosecki on the wing.

Chances aplenty, but no goals at the break

The game was lively from the very start and both teams set about looking to exploit wide areas in search of an early breakthrough. Lucas Höler had a goal ruled out after good work down the wing from Thomas Pledl, but the ball had just gone out of the by-line. At the other end, Marco Knaller reacted quickly to stop Serdar Dursun's back-heel.

The Shamrocks took heart from that move down the right and another superb cross from Khaled Narey was headed down to Veton Berisha on the edge of the area by Dursun. The striker could not finish, however, as his effort went straight at Knaller. Sandhausen sparked into life after that as Denis Linsmayer shot narrowly wide from 20 yards.

Kocak's men then struck the upright after a deep free-kick managed to elude everyone, and Tim Kister beat Balasz Megyeri to the ball but found the post instead. The final opportunity of the half also fell to the visitors as Wooten was threaded through on goal, only to see Megyeri get down low to parry when one-on-one.

Wooten steals a share of the spoils

Fürth were late out for the second half as Ruthenbeck used up every last second he could to get his charges ready to go once more. That obviously paid dividends as they were first to every ball and pushed Sandhausen back into their own box for the majority of the first third but only had Berisha's shot that rippled the side-netting to show for it.

Zlatko Tripic was brought off the bench and almost had the desired immediate impact, cannoning his header off the upright from an excellent Niko Gießelmann cross. It was from a cross where the goal come from, as Narey burst into the box from a throw in and fired a cross to Freis; he tapped in from two yards to give the Shamrocks the lead.

Megyeri was imperious until the very end with seeing to all the long balls into the box, but one too many caused his defence sufficient issues to hand Sandhausen an equaliser. Kister's effort stung the palms of Megyeri and as his defence stood still, Wooten raced in to tap home the leveller with the final kick of the game. A kick in the teeth for the hosts.