Report: Suning Group to acquire majority share in Inter

Updates about the sale of Inter are coming thick and fast with the Chinese group allegedly ready to pay up to €750 million for the club

Report: Suning Group to acquire majority share in Inter
(L-R) Thohir, Moratti, SCG representatives meet | Photo

The news surrounding the Chinese Suning Commerce Group's (SCG) purchase of Inter in recent days and weeks for that matter has been rife and barely escaped the front pages in Italy with new updates coming thick and fast.

Yesterday it was revealed that the Chinese were out to buy the whole club opposed to what was originally thought to be just a minority shareholding. Erick Thohir, Inter's current owner and president is in a strange predicament. Some reports suggest the Indonesian businessman will retain his president's role even after the change in hands of the nerazzurri ownership while others say he will be out full stop. One thing for sure is Thohir is going to make a significant profit on his 70% shares with reports suggesting the SCG are to pay between €700 and €750 million. Massimo Moratti, who owns the remaining 30% has said he would "like to see the conditions" before selling his shares in the club but there is every chance that he could sell his shares via Thohir to gain more money for himself.

The developments are said to have disappointed current coach Roberto Mancini who had been told he'd return from holiday to Thohir in charge. Mancini's future is also up in arms with Diego Simeone and Cesare Prandelli allegedly being lined up should he choose to cut his ties with the club or vice versa.

Transfer market ideas will remain the same

Despite the ongoing negotiations, it has been stressed that the transfer market ambitions won't be affected but, the dreaded Financial Fair Play restrictions will remain. PSV's Jeffrey Bruma has confessed to speaking with Inter officials in an interview with Algemeen Dagblad in his homeland but admitted that he would like to "discuss with De Vrij about Serie A" before deciding his future while Inter look to close a deal for Tonny Vilhena by meeting the players father who also acts as his agent.

Banega has won the Europa League with Sevilla the past two season | Photo: Getty Images
Banega has won the Europa League with Sevilla the past two season | Photo: Getty Images

It was reported yesterday that Ever Banega's free transfer to the Meazza would also be made official before the commencing of the European Championship's in little over a weeks time. Updates on long term Caner Erkin have been clear recently and he has been urged by his national coach, Fatih Terim to have his future sorted out before linking up with the Turkey squad for the Euro's.

To comply with the aforementioned FFP restrictions, Inter will have to make sacrifices before moving forward. Marcelo Brozovic has been earmarked as one of the favourites to depart being one of the higher valued squad members. Corriere dello Sport understand that Roma have lined him up to replace Miralem Pjanic should the Bosnian depart and that the Croat is keen on swapping Milano for the capital.

Share on Facebook