Memorable Match - Newcastle United 4-3 Norwich City: Magpies complete dramatic last-minute comeback to steal the win
NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 28: Dwight Gale of Newcastle United (09) celebrates after scoring the opening goal during the Sky Bet Championship match between Newcastle United and Norwich City at St.James' Park on September 28, 2016 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

Newcastle United host fellow relegation strugglers Norwich City at St James' Park Tuesday evening. 

Eddie Howe's side will be looking to gain that all-important three points and win a football game this season. 

Norwich have found their feet under new manager Dean Smith. With seven points from the last three games. The Canaries look to climb out of the relegation zone for the first time all season with a win against the Magpies.

Today we look back on this epic game that had the sorts of drama every football fan dreams of. 

First half: Gayles goal; Gouffrans mistake

Newcastle under Rafa Benitez dominated the ball and pressed high,  in the Championship, this game was no different.

The Magpies had several early chances until Dwight Gayle put them ahead after 25 minutes. Gayle should have scored twice more but was denied by good goalkeeping from Michael McGovern.

Matt Ritchie hit the crossbar on twenty minutes and Newcastle seemed to be heading into half-time with a  single goal lead.

Yoan Gouffran’s clumsy tackle on Robbie Brady made sure the score was even heading into the break - with Graeme Dorrans scoring from the spot.

It all goes to pot

Norwich came out in the second half much better, Cameron Jerome and Jacob Murphy were especially sharp and they punished Newcastle’s lack of firepower. 

Jerome’s finish was emphatic and ferocious, leaving Karl Darlow with little chance. Murphy finished his long-range effort brilliantly and Newcastle looked finished.  

Despite all of that Gayle had other ideas firing Newcastle back into the game just two minutes later. 

Benitez urged the players to push up as they pushed for an equaliser, but it looked as if Norwich would secure all three points. The fourth official then indicated six minutes of added time. 

Eventually, the pressure on Norwich was too much, as Gouffran headed home before Gayle instinctively fired past McGovern from the edge of the area to cap off a stunning end to the match in the 96th minute.

Not since Arsenal and the 4-4 had Newcastle fans seen such a fightback from their side. 

All Toon fans were delighted and it set the precedent for a successful promotion back to the Premier League.