West Ham United 1-1 Stoke City: Bojan strike seals stalemate against Hammers
Image credit: Stoke City

A second-half equaliser from Bojan was enough to extend Stoke City's unbeaten run to six, with a 1-1 draw with West Ham United.

It was a drab opening 45 minutes from both sides, with half-chances from Jon Walters, Angelo Ogbonna and Wilfried Bony, but nothing for the fans inside the London Stadium to get excited about.

The second period looked to be heading in the same direction, until Glenn Whelan's own goal in the 65th minute. However the point was sealed ten minutes later with Bojan's effort, and Charlie Adam been denied the three points in the closing moments.

A very slow burner

On paper, the clash at the London Stadium looked to be a excellent one, with two of the league's in-form sides going head-to-head.

However it proved to be far from that, with the first opportunity of any recognition not arriving until 13 minutes in.

Walters was put through by Bony, but the angle was certainly against the Irishman. However he did well to get the ball back across the six-yard box, before the danger was cleared somewhat spectacularly by Ogbonna.

It was the Italian defender who was the first to test one of the two keepers in the 27th minute. Dimitri Payet produced yet another dangerous ball which landed on Ogbonna's head, but Lee Grant did well to get across and produce a decent save.

The final opportunity of the relatively dull first period came right at the death. Bony was slipped in by Adam, the striker did well to outmuscle the defender, looking to add to his tally from the win over Swansea, but it went straight through to Adrian.

Bilic believed that neither side deserved the three points. | Image credit: West Ham United
Bilic believed that neither side deserved the three points. | Image credit: West Ham United

Something out of nothing

The poor quality of football carried into the beginning of the second period, and it looked like it would hold out for the whole 90. However from nothing, the Hammers managed to take the lead.

It proved a great switch from Slaven Bilic, as he put Antonio in the striker position, with the Englishman getting to Payet's cross to head in at the right-hand post. However Antonio will be denied his sixth headed goal of the campaign, with the deflection coming off Whelan.

Making a instant impact

Mark Hughes' side didn't panic, and quickly found themselves back in the match, through impact sub Bojan.

It was very poor showing from Adrian, with the keeper coming flying out and flattening Walters, who had already chipped the ball over the Spaniard's head.

It would have been a stonewall penalty, but play carried on as Bojan smashed his volley into a empty net, four minutes after been introduced.

The Hammers seemed dispirited as the game came to an end, with Mark Noble's yellow card ruling him out of the clash with Tottenham, and nearly throw the point away right at the death.

It was once again poor decision making from Adrian, as he failed to react quick enough to Adam's free-kick, but he somehow managed to put it past the post.