League Two round-up: Forest Green go second, Exeter close in on play-off places and Crawley held by 10-man Orient
(Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

Salford City and Mansfield Town saw their respective home fixtures against Colchester United and Bolton Wanderers postponed due to waterlogged pitches.

Three games could go ahead in the division, including a tasty encounter at Brunton Park between Carlisle United and Forest Green Rovers.

  • Carlisle United 1-2 Forest Green Rovers

An impressive away win for Forest Green saw them leapfrog the Cumbrians into second place.

Rovers manager Mark Cooper made four changes from Saturday's goalless draw with Cheltenham Town and was missing top scorer Jamille Matt through injury.

His side thought they had taken the lead 12 minutes in when Baily Cargill headed home, but the linesman flagged for offside.

They broke the deadlock in the 60th minute when Callum Guy brought down Nicky Cadden inside the box. Aaron Collins stepped up and guided the penalty into the bottom left corner past Paul Farman.

After the goal, Carlisle boss Chris Beech introduced Offrande Zanzala, Gime Toure and Brennan Dickenson

Dickenson had a goal ruled out on 64 minutes due to a foul in the build-up, but eight minutes later, Joe Riley worked his magic on the wing and teed up Toure to equalise from close range. 

Beech’s men were level for just three minutes – an excellent free-kick from Odin Bailey putting Rovers back ahead with 15 minutes remaining.

The Cumbrians came close to levelling again when Zanzala's header hit the post. 

Josh Davison had a chance to put the game to bed straight after, but the onrushing Farman denied him.

  • Stevenage 0-1 Exeter City

This win sees the Grecians climb to eighth, just a point outside the play-off places.

Both sides made changes from their weekend fixtures, including a debut in goal for Stevenage's David Stockdale, who arrived on an emergency loan from Wycombe Wanderers just hours before kick-off. 

Boro came close to taking the lead 11 minutes in when Jack Aitchison's ball found Luke Norris, who was desperately unlucky as his effort smashed the crossbar. 

Experienced defender Rory McArdle had been on the bench for Exeter in recent weeks. He rewarded his manager for starting him when he headed in Jack Sparkes' free-kick in the 28th minute. 

Looking most lively for the hosts, Norris had another effort denied, this time by a brilliant stop from Jokull Andresson. 

Matt Taylor's side nearly doubled their lead before half-time, but Matt Jay's header struck the post. 

Stockdale almost provided a chance for Stevenage to equalise in the second half, but his long kick was dealt with by Andresson.

  • Crawley Town 0-0 Leyton Orient

The O's came away with a point from The People's Pension Stadium despite playing an hour with 10 men.

Before the sending off, Orient survived going behind after just three minutes when Tom Nichols rifled his penalty against the crossbar.

The visitors had a Conor Wilkinson header disallowed 23 minutes in due to a foul on Jordan Tunnicliffe.

The red card was shown to midfielder Hector Kyprianou seven minutes later for a reckless challenge on Jake Hessenthaler.

Despite Ross Embleton's side not having much possession in the second half, Nick Freeman forced a good save from Glenn Morris in the 61st minute. 

Nichols almost put Crawley ahead 68 minutes in but saw his effort hit the side netting. 

Reds manager John Yems stated his frustration after the game at his team failing to have a shot on target.