Sky Bet League One round-up: Lincoln stay top and Wigan win relegation six-pointer
(Photo by Pete Norton/Getty Images)

Tuesday's only postponement was Blackpool's home fixture against Burton Albion because of a frozen pitch.

Nine other games in League One went ahead, with 21 goals scored in total.

Niall Ennis' second-half winner for Plymouth Argyle in the evening's early kick-off prevented Accrington Stanley from entering the play-off places.

The former Wolves striker had a golden opportunity to put the Pilgrims ahead 25 minutes in but somehow skied his close-range effort.

Stanley almost took the lead themselves before half-time. A free-kick was played short to Adam Phillips, whose strike came back off the crossbar.

The goal came six minutes after the break when Ben Barclay failed to deal with Byron Moore's ball forward. Barclay’s header fell to Ennis, who went past goalkeeper Nathan Baxter with one touch and found the open net with his second.  

Plymouth's Michael Cooper made two vital saves late on to deny Phillips and Dion Charles an equaliser.

Lincoln City stayed top of League One after a goalless draw with second-placed Hull City at the KCOM Stadium.

The Tigers almost went ahead a minute in when Keane Lewis-Potter's shot deflected onto the crossbar.

Morgan Rogers came close for the Imps in the 15th minute but fired wide.

The only save all game was made by Hull's Matt Ingram – denying a fierce attempt from Brennan Johnson with 12 minutes remaining.

Joe Ward scored an excellent free-kick as Peterborough United came from behind to beat Ipswich Town at Weston Homes Stadium.

The Tractor Boys got off to a flying start when James Norwood put them ahead after six minutes with a clinical strike.

Posh levelled 38 minutes in when Dan Butler's cross was headed in by top scorer Jonson Clarke-Harris for his 15th league goal of the season.

Ward completed the turnaround five minutes into the second half when his set-piece beat Tomas Holy.

Peterborough could have had a penalty in the 75th minute when Sammie Szmodics' shot appeared to have struck an arm, but the referee waved away the appeals.

They held on as Christy Pym made a terrific stop to keep out Troy Parrott with two minutes left.

  • Shrewsbury Town 2-1 Sunderland

Sunderland missed the chance to move into the play-off places after letting a 1-0 lead slip away to Shrewsbury Town.

The Black Cats went ahead in the 21st minute when Aiden O'Brien beat the offside trap and finished calmly past Matija Sarkic.

Shrewsbury equalised seven minutes after half-time when Ethan Ebanks-Landell headed in following an error from goalkeeper Remi Matthews.

They took the lead through Harry Chapman after a brilliant delivery from Shaun Whalley.

Lee Johnson's side survived going further behind when the Shrews had a goal disallowed for offside. 

Bailey Wright should have equalised in the 79th minute but could not get his header on target.

Oxford United got back to winning ways against Bristol Rovers to keep the pressure on the top six. 

They got the opener 29 minutes in when loanee Elliott Lee found the bottom left corner – his first goal since arriving from Luton Town.

Luke Leahy almost equalised before half-time for the Gas but saw his header hit the side-netting.

Two of United's second-half changes saw them introduce Sam Winnall and Brandon Barker.

Winnall almost scored in the 85th minute, but his header was well-saved by Joe Day

Barker got the second in added time when he surged into the box before smashing the ball home.

  • Rochdale 1-4 MK Dons

Will Grigg got two assists on his MK Dons debut as they thrashed Rochdale at the Crown Oil Arena.

The Dons led after five minutes when Grigg played it to Matt O'Riley, who curled it beautifully into the net from outside the box.

The hosts levelled before half-time when Stephen Humphrys squared it to Matt Lund to tap home.

However, three quick-fire second-half goals from Russell Martin's men put the game beyond doubt.

Loanee Zak Jules reacted first after Cameron Jerome's header hit the bar and nodded in his first for the club to make it 2-1.

Three minutes later, Scott Fraser ran forward before striking the ball into the bottom right corner past Gavin Bazunu.

Jerome completed the rout from close range in the 62nd minute after being teed up by Grigg.

Doncaster Rovers dropped to fifth place after surrendering a one-goal lead against Fleetwood Town at Highbury Stadium.

Jason Lokilo put Rovers ahead after eight minutes when his effort beat Alex Cairns at his near post.

The visitors lost captain Tom Anderson to a head injury soon after the goal.

His replacement Joe Wright nearly made it 2-0 before half-time but was denied by a good save from Cairns.

Kyle Vassell scored his first Fleetwood goal an hour in to make it 1-1.

Paddy Madden rounded goalkeeper Ellery Balcombe to give Town the lead after a poor back pass by Madger Gomes.

Cameron John almost made it 2-2 in the 82nd minute, but Cairns made another fine stop.

Town sealed the win six minutes later with a stunning strike into the top corner from Danny Andrew.

Callum Lang scored as Wigan Athletic increased their chances of survival with a win at fellow strugglers Northampton Town.

The forward prevented his side from leading early on when he accidentally blocked Thelo Aasgaard's goal-bound attempt. 

He made amends in the 82nd minute when he grabbed the winner with a well-struck effort past Jonathan Mitchell.

Swindon Town's survival bid took a blow after being beaten by Portsmouth at Fratton Park.

Ronan Curtis got on the end of John Marquis' flick-on to give Pompey an early lead.

Andy Cannon forced a decent save from Mark Travers 21 minutes in as they looked to double their advantage.

The visitors pushed for an equaliser in the second half as Jack Payne fired over before Christopher Missilou shot just wide.

Kenny Jackett's men won a penalty when Dominic Thompson brought down Ryan Williams.

Ellis Harrison stepped up and secured three points for Portsmouth, who climb to fourth place.