Sky Bet League Two round-up: Bolton complete impressive comeback & Stevenage distance themselves from relegation
MANSFIELD, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 29: A general view inside One Call Stadium is seen prior to the FA Cup Second Round match between Mansfield Town and Dagenham and Redbridge at One Call Stadium on November 29, 2020 in Mansfield, England. Sporting stadiums around the UK remain under strict restrictions due to the Coronavirus Pandemic as Government social distancing laws prohibit fans inside venues resulting in games being played behind closed doors. (Photo by James Gill - Danehouse/Getty Images)

For the first time in weeks, the majority of EFL League Two’s fixtures were played this Tuesday and Wednesday with only Colchester United versus Tranmere Rovers getting postponed due to the icy weather.

The remaining eight games were played with 23 goals being scored across the respective fixtures.

Bradford City 2-1 Morecombe

Bradford City dented Morecombe’s chance to climb into a play-off position after overturning a 1-0 deficit to earn all three points at Valley Parade.

Goals from Anthony O’Connor and Charles Vernam moved the Yorkshire side up to 16th in the table.

Man of the match John O’Sullivan opened the scoring in the ninth minute with a shot/cross from the right-hand side that managed to chip the goalkeeper and nestle in the top left corner.

O’Connor’s equaliser was helped in by a Shrimpers defender attempting to block the shot whilst Vernam’s second half winner was also a cross that found its way into the back of the net.

Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Oldham Athletic

Forest Green Rovers avoided a potential banana skin result in a seven-goal thriller which edges the Green Devils closer to a League Two title.

The result still leaves Harry Kewell’s side in 17th, 11 points away from the relegation zone.

Two first half goals from Baily Cargill were followed by strikes from Jamille Matt and Josh Davison for Rovers whilst a Bobby Grant goal and a Conor McAleny brace were not enough to get the Latics an unexpected point at the New Lawn Stadium.

Three points for Mark Cooper’s side mean that a glorious first place finish is still in their control.

Harrogate Town 1-0 Carlisle United

A 28th minute Josh March penalty was the only goal in a game of little chances at the EnviroVent Stadium.

It is a result that steadies Harrogate Town's position in midtable whilst simultaneously damaging Carlisle United's opportunity to move into a play-off position.

The penalty was given away rashly by Nick Anderton after sliding into March recklessly.

March had an opportunity at the end of the first half to double the Sulphurites lead but blasted the attempt over the bar.

Newport County 1-1 Exeter City

The points were shared at Rodney Park in a game which involved two play-off sides battling to get a point advantage over the other.

Nine-men Exeter City were just minutes away from overtaking the hosts in the table but an 88th minute Dominic Telford goal spoiled the Grecians traveling party.

A first half Alex Hartridge red card was softened by a Ryan Bowman goal; however, just before the halftime whistle blew, Bowman received a red card himself.

Newport County attempted to take advantage of their opponents two-man deficit by unleashing 31 shot attempts, but only eight of them were on target.

Crawley Town 0-1 Stevenage

Stevenage continued their impressive recent form with an important three points at the People’s Pension Stadium.

An 83rd minute Elliott Osborne winner moved the Boro nine points away from the drop zone.

As for Crawley Town, that is their fifth game in a row without a win meaning that the Sussex side have dropped to 14th in the table.

Walsall 1-2 Cheltenham Town

Cheltenham Town continued to put their names in the title race conversation with an away win over midtable Walsall.

An early and exquisite Caolan Lavery chip was quickly overturned by first half strikes from Sam Smith and Callum Wright.

In the second half, substitute Indiana Vassilev almost got the Robins third, but a brilliant late challenge denied him.

The result is only the Saddlers seventh league loss of the season.

Salford City 1-0 Barrow

Salford City edged a stubborn Barrow side in a 1-0 victory at Holker Street.

A first half goal from striker Ian Henderson was enough to earn the Ammies all three points in a result that moves the Manchester side up to fourth in the table.

For the Bluebirds, it is a result that leaves them penultimate bottom of the table and a point away from safety.

However, Barrow do have two games in hand on 22nd place Southend United.

Mansfield Town 2-3 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers overturned a 2-0 deficit in ten minutes in a wonderful comeback at Field Mill.

The hosts seemed to be cruising to three points thanks to second half strikes from Ollie Clarke and Jamie Reid, but a strike from Declan John, a Malvid Benning own goal and an 89th minute winner courtesy of centre forward Arthur Gnahboua changed the tide of the result.

Three points for Bolton moves the Trotters up to 11th in the table whilst keeping Nigel Clough’s side in 15th place.

This result is Mansfield’s third game in a row without a win whilst it’s Bolton’s second consecutive victory.