New England Revolution Beat Montreal Impact again
Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY Sports

The Montreal Impact were looking for their first win again since that 4-2 win in Vancouver more than a month ago. A lot of big news coming out of the club today with Saphir Taider being sold to a team in Saudi Arabia Al Ain, meanwhile Clement Diop flew home to France due to personal reasons meaning James Pantemis was getting his first start in goal.

Revs dominating :

The first 10 minutes of the game it was back and forth and you could tell New England was off to the faster start and looking for that first goal. They got it at the 12th minute when Kekuta Manneh off a poor defensive miscue from the Impact went on a two on one and got a great pass from Adam Buksa and tapped it in past Pantemis for the 1-0 lead.

Seven minutes later Diego Fagundez had a chance to make it 2-0 but this time Pantemis made a great leg save to keep the deficit at one. Off the ensuing corner kick, Teal Bunbury would head the ball into the net but the line official would call it offside.

The referee decided to go to VAR and upon further review, the goal was deemed onside and the Revolution now had a 2-0 lead and the Impact once again were in trouble. In the 27th minute, they got within one when Amar Sejdic off a counter got a great pass from Romell Quioto and put it in to make it 2-1.

Six minutes later Pantemis was proving his worth making, not one but two saves on Manneh and Buksa one after the other. It got worse for the Impact as in the 43rd minute Rod Fanni suffered a hamstring injury and needed to be carted off the field.

Joel Waterman came in for the injured defender and in extra time Pantemis came up huge again with another brilliant save. The first half finished and both clubs headed to the locker room with the score at 2-1.

A crazy second half :

The Montreal Impact came out to the second half like almost being shot out of a cannon dominating play and getting great chances to tie the game at two. The Impact were 0-7 by the way when trailing after the first half.

The New England Revolution would increase their lead when Buksa off a horrible turnover from Mason Toye and was able to get the ball past Pantemis to make it 3-1 for the Revolution.

We jump to the 73rd minute and Montreal continuing to attack and pressure the Revs defense and Romell Quioto had a great chance to make it 3-2 but New England keeper Matt Turner would make a great save.

10 minutes later it was Pantemis turn to make another big save off a header and the Impact would grab the momentum and Ballou Tabla who had come in as a sub would make it 3-2 with a great pass from Quioto and would beat Turner high.

That's as close as it would get and the Revolution continues to have Montreal number as the Impact is slipping down the standings. The Impact will next be in action in 2 days' time when they will play Inter Miami.