World number 11 Milos Raonic has been forced to withdraw from this year's Delray Beach International Tennis Championships due to a right abductor injury he suffered in a five set thriller against Andy Murray at the Australian Open.
In a statement Milos Raonic said, "I'm disappointed that I won't be able to make my debut in Delray Beach on Tuesday because I am still recovering from the injury that I suffered at the Australian Open. I heard that there would be great support from Canadians in the area, so I hope to be able to play in Delray Beach next year."
The tournament had already scheduled Milos for Tuesday night, with a special promotion for Canadian fans. Until tomorrow, entering a special code for ticket purchases entitled the buyer to a 20 percent discount.
Haas delays comeback with more bad news
The tournament suffered more disappointing news as Tommy Haas has been forced to withdraw from the tournament due to a shoulder injury.
The former world number two who has had an ongoing shoulder problem was due to play his first match since Wimbledon of 2015. Tommy who has been on the tour for more than 20 years, so it is hardly surprising his body is rebelling at this age, but the problems started in his 20s. Haas has been named Comeback Player of the Year twice but shoulder injuries for Haas has cost him the 2003 season, most of 2010 and every year since.
Haas who has a 11-7 record in 8 appearances said, "Unfortunately we came to the conclusion that I am not fit to play in Delray this year, I really tried hard to make it and be ready."
The tournament will now give out 2 wildcards, with one already given to Juan Martin Del Potro. The second will be announced on Friday.